Neighbourhood Forum – Combined Burslem Park and Burslem Town forum meeting
5.15pm – 7.30pm
Synectics Solutions offices on Hamil Road
- Richard Wood (Chair)
- Amanda Bromley
- Daniel Shaw
- David Williams
- Jason Hill
- Joan Walley
- Julian Read
- Mike Watson
- Neil Dawson (Secretary)
- Ron Flint
- Sandra Barnsley (Treasurer)
Approval of Minutes
The previous meeting minutes had been circulated and approved
Introduction and welcome by Richard Wood
Consideration of the boundaries for Burslem Park and Burslem Town areas – Rich
Considerable debate occurred on a) Including Haywood Hospital in the boundary b) Combining the two areas.
Concerns were expressed on the new size. ACTION: JR to request the opinion of the City Council
Consideration of our Constitution – Rich
A draft had been circulated to all members and after discussion it was unanimously accepted.
- Election of forum chair, secretary and treasurer for both Town and Park
- The Chair. It shall be the responsibility of the Chairperson to chair all meetings or a designated deputy in his/her absence. And to ensure that meetings are held in accordance with the provisions of the Forum constitution.
- The Treasurer. It shall be the responsibility of the Treasurer to ensure that the finance provisions of the constitution (see clause 9 below) are carried out.
- The Secretary. It shall be the responsibility of the Secretary to keep a register of members, ensure that minutes are taken of all Management Committee, Special General and Annual General meetings and that the minutes are accessible to all members via the Forum’s website.
The roles of the officers identified in the circulated notes were accepted
Chair: Richard Wood – Agreed
Treasurer: Sandra Barnsley – Agreed
Secretary: Neil Dawson - Agreed
DW identified a further £250 donation.
Update on next steps
106 revenues for the areas – To be discussed at a future meeting
Housing Development in the Mother Town - Possible numbers and price per plot were discussed.
Discussion on increasing the numbers of individuals on the Forum: a) Agreed an insert into “Our Burslem” RW to create targeted wording, DS to promote the insert. b) The Forum should be promoted at local events by ALL members. Example Burslem Park Community day event 21st June
GDPR: RW was checking the legal position on data sharing.
RW to organize the next meeting date and venue.